Nicolás Tilli (Tenured Associate Professor in Communication Sciences, Doctor in Public Law and Clinical Psychologist) was a member of the IDEX-PLURIART project team – Transversal program – under the direction of Martine Corral-Regourd (IDETCOM), he is the author of several scientific articles, he communicates in international events, takes part in various popularization activities of research, and he is the co-creator of the first radio program, in France, recorded with patients within the Center Hospitalier Gérard Marchant (Toulouse) which is broadcasted on Radio Campus. He also collaborated with a Toulouse GEM supervising live radio broadcasts. He is also at the origin of the dynamic “Communication for social change” and promoter of the project “International Colloquium Toulouse 2020”.
Nicolás Tilli, articulates his research under an interdisciplinary prism (Communication Sciences and Law) around two axes: the first concerns the use of communication media for mental health and the second communication for health.
• The use of communication media in the service of mental health invites us to think of the use of communication media (traditional and NICT) as an innovative mediation process (with a clinical component), as an alternative to social inclusion, of occupying public space and different territories, as a means of combating discrimination and stigmatization but also as a vector of communication for social change.
• Communication for health involves analysis and reflection around communication strategies (interpersonal, group, organizational), adapted (from a cultural / intercultural point of view) to the subjects and organizations involved (using different means and supports). Said communication strategies (characteristics of communication for social change) are intended to:
– think about the different stages of
prevention and those of health promotion,
– influence social representations,
– propose a co-construction of representations which could be favorable to the improvement of health in different territories,
– promote equality and social inclusion, and
– fight discrimination and stigma.